- Make it sparkle. Clean all appliances, bathrooms, any carpets, vents, walls & windows.
- Say goodbye to family photos and knick-knacks. Clean your closets and don’t forget about the kitchen cupboards.
- If everything looks full, a potential buyer might assume there isn’t enough storage.
- Clear the kitchen and bathroom counters so that they do not appear cluttered.
- Fix any dripping faucet or toilets. Make sure all the doors and closers work properly and do not squeak.
- If you decide to repaint, stick to neutrals.
- Less is more. Store clothes and furniture that you are not using so room and closets look more spacious.
- Place furniture so that traffic flows easily from room to room and so that the line of vision into each room is not blocked.
Lights On/Blinds Up
- A must before every showing. Replace any burned out light bulbs.
- Instead of using deodorizers, use scented candles.
- This is your outdoor living space, so treat it as such. Make it look inviting all year round.
- Remove anything that is of value (jewelry, money, etc.).
- Assume that someone is coming to see you now. You want to make sure that your home is spot perfect and ready to show. Every visitor is a potential buyer!